Based in Richmond, VA, GPM was founded in 2003 with 169 stores and has grown through acquisitions to become the 7th largest convenience store chain in the United States, with approximately 3,000 locations comprised of approximately 1,350 company-operated stores and 1,600 dealer sites to which it supplies fuel, in 33 states plus Washington D.C. GPM operates in three segments: retail, which consists of fuel and merchandise sales to retail consumers; wholesale, which supplies fuel to third-party dealers and consignment agents; and GPM Petroleum, which supplies fuel to GPM and its subsidiaries selling fuel (both in the retail and wholesale segments) as well as subwholesalers and bulk purchasers. We strive to be the premier convenience store and make our locations a great place to work.
GPM has many career opportunities throughout the company with positions available in our stores as well as our offices currently located in several states. Many employees have built their careers in the stores working their way up the ladder taking on corporate positions in their field of choice. If you ask any of our office management team members, you find that many of them started their careers working in a store.
We are always looking for energetic, customer oriented individuals to fill these positions. Our Store Management positions usually require some management experience in the retail or food service business. If your field of expertise is in IT, Marketing, Human Resources, Food Service or Accounting, we may have something available for you in our available corporate positions.
Are you interested in working for a fast growing convenience store chain with a career in mind? If so, we’re interested in YOU!
We have a full lineup of benefits to offer employees who meet eligibility requirements and include:
- Medical Insurance including prescription drug benefit (pre-tax)
- Dental (pre-tax)
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance & AD&D
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Assistance Program
- Supplemental Colonial plans (Cancer, Accident, Bridge, Critical Care)
- $500 Sign on Bonus for New Hires – paid after 500 hours worked (Applies only to – Sales Associates, Team Leads, and Assistant Managers roles)
- $2500 Sign on Bonus for New Hires – paid after 6 months in position (Applies only to – Store Manager roles)
- Competitive Wages
- 401k Savings Plan
- Management Bonus Potential
- Holiday Pay
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid Training
- Regularly scheduled performance reviews
- Direct Deposit
- 3rd Shift Differential Pay
- Employee Referral Incentives (Store)
- Store Employee / Management sales incentives